They'll give a blog to anybody.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

What the hell is a dirpus, anyway?

Ah, the embarrassing stories of my youth. Fortunately, the only memories I have of this are of my parents telling me the story. I was too young to actually remember it. Or maybe I just blocked it out.

Not really. It's not bad.

When I was around 2, my granfather used to call me a "twirp". Since I was at the age of just learning to talk, I tried to repeat it and it came out as "dirp". From that point forward my nickname was "Dirp" and some in my loving family called me a "dirpus".

There is also the joy of other children learning to talk. This story is that some friend of mine came to the door asking if "Dirt" could come out and play.

In writing this, it's not a very interesting story, is it? But at least now you can answer the burning question: "What the hell is a dirpus?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home