They'll give a blog to anybody.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Sleep? Who needs it?

Bah humbug!!

I only slept for 4 hours last night. There is no good reason, I just couldn't get to sleep. It was my turn, my wife couldn't get to sleep the previous night. I am going to be be totally useless today. Good thing I only have a report to finish at work and a church committee meeting to go to tonight which will require a couple of hours of preparation. But I'm not bitter.

I remember way back in the olden days (my late 20's or early 30's, it all blends together now) when my soccer team would practice until 9-9:30PM then go to our coaches restaurant for a snack and a couple of drinks. After he closed down, we'd go close down the bar across the street. I'd get up and be at work at 7:00 the next morning without any problem at all. At least, then, I had an excuse to feel this crappy in the morning, but I didn't. What's up with that? (Don't you dare say I'm getting old)

Why do people look at me funny when I say that I'll catch up on my sleep when I'm dead? Do they not get the joke? It will peaceful, nobody will bother me, and I won't have anything else that I should be doing. I just don't get it. I don't think I am being morbid (overly morbid, at least).

I think that years of getting around 6 hours of sleep a night has a detrimental effect on one's mental capabilities. Maybe all those doctor types who keep saying 8 hours of sleep a night know something. No, that can't be it.

Keep that coffee coming.

And make it double strength!

It better not be any of that half strength, flavored water, weak-ass shit you usually make!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy D. said...

Dude. I added coffee to yesterday's grounds and made super coffee this morning.

Coulda done it yourself and taken some with.

10/11/2005 5:23 PM

 
Blogger Dirpus said...

Are you freaking kidding me. I can't even find 2 mathcing shoes in the morning. How am I supposed to make coffee without electrocuting myself at o'dark thirty. I just add instant coffee to the stuff they make at work.

10/11/2005 5:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home