They'll give a blog to anybody.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Same, But Different

I thought I had a dentist appointment this morning. I got up and managed to NOT automatically go to work. When I showed up at the dentist's office at 6:45 AM, the receptionist said they didn't have me on the books for today. when I told her it was on my calendar and I had received a reminder postcard from them, she thought that maybe they had made some mistake. She looked me up in the computer and told me "Nope, you're on the 13th." I said that I hadn't actually read the reminder postcard, I was just going by the date on my calendar. I checked my calendar again and the appointment is listed on the 1st and the 13th. The first must have just been a place holder for "early" March. At least I was able to make the receptionist feel good that she hadn't made a mistake.

Both dates started with a "1". 1, 13. They're almost identical, except for the 12 day difference. At least I had the time right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home