They'll give a blog to anybody.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Farewell To 1998

Today is the the day Microsoft ends support for Windows 98. I understand the reasoning (besides for the money). Technology continually acvances and new operating systems need to be developed to give us all the latest things we can't live without.

I would love to upgrade, but I don't think my hardware meets the minimum specs for Windows XP. I built my poor little computer out of the cheapest parts available years ago. It started out with Windows 3.1 and has been upgraded to Windows 95 and then to Windows 98. I get a headache just thinking about how many leftover junk operating system files must be on that thing. It's older than my youngest daughter.

I may have to break down and build a real server. Although, I don't really want to lose that system. It has stuff on it that probably wouldn't run on a new system.

The optimist inside of me hopes Microsoft will offer a deal to upgrade to XP from Win98. The realist in me just laughs and laughs and laughs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home