They'll give a blog to anybody.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I Like Spreadsheets, I Like Spreadsheets

If I say it enough, will that make it true?

Actually, I really do like spreadsheets. I like all the formulas and linked cells. I like how I can play "what if" and see the impacts of changing something. However, I am starting to get a little tired of updating the same one.

We have been going through some staff turnover at work recently. This requires me to update our project budget spreadsheets to see the impact of taking people off the project and replacing them (or not) with different people. Each change requires multiple scenarios to determine the best course of action. I just finished the most recent round of updates a couple of weeks ago. Late yesterday afternoon, I found out someone else is leaving. I'd leave too in their particular situation, but I was not ready to go through this exercise again so soon.

[sarcasm]
I suppose that's why they pay us project managers the big bucks. I'll just look at my PMP certificate (no, not photo mounting paper) on the wall and that will inspire me.
[/sarcasm]

No more time to rant. I have numbers and formulas to update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home