They'll give a blog to anybody.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Crunch Time

I still haven't gotten anything official in writing about the "supposed" new job. I'm gotten some verbal information. They want me to start on December 11th. That means I have to give my two week notice tomorrow, in order to be available on that date. I'm not quitting my current job until I have a WRITTEN commitment on the new one. The last thing I need is to have NO job, because no matter how hard I try not to, quitting my current job will burn a bridge. That's just the way it is. One of my current bosses take it personally when people leave. Even though this boss is always coming down on me, they will still be offended.

Mrs. Dirpus and I have been talking about the stuff that will need to be purchased when I become a self-employed subcontractor. Apparently, I need a whiz bang Mac laptop for her to run my business when I hire her company to provide office management services. I didn't know I needed either of those things. :-) She also thought we might have to get season tickets to the Sacramento Kings basketball team for marketing. The only things I thought I needed was an inexpensive computer and a company car. Something like a BMW, or Porsche.

I'll have to instruct my office manager to watch for that FedEx truck tomorrow and to let me know the moment it arrives. IF it arrives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home