They'll give a blog to anybody.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Good Week

Last week could end up being a good week. At the moment, it seems like it was.

I had two paid holidays.
I helped my daughter build a Mayan pyramid.
I think I got a job offer.
A friend of mine asked if I wanted to audition for a rock band.

The last two happened on the same day. That was a good day. I'm looking forward to the audition this week. The band is a basic garage, rock band made up of local teachers. They play some of the local clubs and community events. My friend was at the local music store, recently, when one of the members was hanging up a flyer about needing a drummer. My friend talked to him for a while and ended up with the gig. He called me last week and said that the band's bass player is going to be gone for six months and would I be interested in auditioning to fill in.

HECK YEAH!

This is what I have been waiting for. I would love a chance to play in a setting where people are listening because they want to, not just because they came to church. I might even get a little money out of it. I could use that to upgrade some of my equipment. I could probably even write it off as a business expense.

I hope this audition goes well. I should probably practice a little. The calluses on my fingertips are almost gone from lack of playing.

Maybe this will be a good week, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home