They'll give a blog to anybody.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Leap of Faith

I told my immediate company supervisor that I am leaving the company at the end of the year. This was tough to do because I don't have anything in writing that assures I will have a new job. I am confident the paperwork will come through. I have already gotten a seating assignment and paperwork to process my ID badge from the new job's client. Everyone involved is expecting me to have this job.

My supervisor was disappointed I am leaving the company. We talked about it and he understood my reasons. I said I enjoyed the people I work regularly work with, will miss them, and would like to work with them again. I felt like I had to tell him now because a lot of innocent people were going to be put in a difficult position if I kept acting like I was still going to be with the company indefinitely. We also decided that I should hold off on submitting a written notice for the moment. Technically, I can wait until December 19th and still give two weeks notice before my final day. We both thought it was best to keep this between ourselves until after a meeting with some senior executives next Monday. They won't take the news as well. I appreciate him letting me wait to officially give notice until after I have written confirmation of my new job.

On the plus side, I'll be able to work a few hours a week at the new job for a few weeks and start the invoice payment process working. Apparently there is a lag between when the new company gets an invoice and when they pay it. Once you're rolling it goes well. There is just an initial lag. To have my current paycheck still coming in will be nice. Plus, I'll get Christmas and New Years paid holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home