They'll give a blog to anybody.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Different Day, Same ....

Ah Thursday. The last full day of the week.

Our client, the organization which thankfully has been paying for my companies services for the last three years, has taken the wonderful position that no one may work more than forty hours in a week without prior written approval from the contract manager. Never mind that I am on salary and my company only pays me for forty hours anyway. The means my company can't bill the client for any overtime I work which would be 100% profit because they don't pay me any of it to me. I'm sure they are disappointed.

The impact to me, is that I only have to work 40 hours a week. Woo hoo!! Since my group is understaffed and the days are long, my work week ends either Thursday afternoon or very early Friday morning. This week is going to be a long one. I think I have to work all the way until 10:00AM Friday. Then we'll let the party start.

Isn't there some kind of law about this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home