They'll give a blog to anybody.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Month That Killed A Dirpus

I don't know if I'm going to survive this month. Over the last few years, the four months from September through December have become the 'busy' months. Events from all areas of our family's life come together at roughly the same time. There are planning meetings regular meetings and special events for church, community organizations, school, kids' activities, and holidays. It seems that if we want to do something out of the ordinary, it had better happen before the end of August.

December is by far the busiest month of the four, but not by much. It is also the most fun. Many of the activities are Christmas parties and other social gatherings with friends. I live for these. I'm starting to acquire a collection of Christmas print tuxedo vests. Mrs. Dirpus thinks they are hideous, but I like them. I even made one this year.

This year, December has a few couple of extra time killers.

On December 26th, my oldest daughter is being installed as Honored Queen at her Job's Daughters bethel. This is probably taking up half of Mrs. Dirpus' time as she gets things in order and tries to get the kid to take care of her own responsibilities.

I have started my new job as a self employed consultant. I am still working my old job until the end of the month. That is where most of my time goes. I have been working four, ten hour days per week for the last year. Now, I'm working five, twelve-plus hour days per week. I'm falling behind in my Christmas preparations. I've got the lights on the house and the tree up. But I haven't decorated the inside of the house, yet. Maybe I can get most of that done tonight. Tomorrow night, I won't be home, and Friday, there will be guests.

Tomorrow's activity is rehearsal for the band I'm with which, I've gotten involved. It's nice. It takes all my focus and distracts me from everything else in the world, except for the song we're playing at that moment, for two hours.

Anyway, I need to wrap this up. I have lots to do.

Merry Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home