They'll give a blog to anybody.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Relief at Last

I think summer is finally over.

I hate the heat. I'm one of those who prefer cool weather where you can add a layer to be warmer. There are only so many layers that can be removed when it is hot. When I took my daughter to school this morning, the ground was wet from an apparent overnight rain shower and I was able to wear a sweater and still be comfortable. Of course, I am still wearing shorts. But after playing winter soccer for most of my life, I don't think my legs feel cold anymore.

I love the spring and fall, but especially the fall. I love the crispness of the air and the whiff of burning leaves. At last, after months of summer heat, I get to enjoy a few weeks of perfection.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy D. said...

Just so you know....

When it is hot, YOU, my dear, CAN remove another layer.

It is POSSIBLE and PERMISSIBLE to not wear flannel pajamas in the middle of a Sacramento summer.

10/28/2005 5:45 PM

 
Blogger Elaine said...

I'm with you, Normy! I love this time of year. :)

10/29/2005 2:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home