They'll give a blog to anybody.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

April Fool's Dry Run

I was going to post a practical joke today to see what kind of comments, if any, I would receive. Because this would have impacted Mrs. Dirpus, I told her what I was planning to do after I had drafted the post, but before I published it. Needless to say, since you're reading this instead, she wasn't too keen on the idea. One of her points was that she would end up having a conversation like this:

DW: It was a joke mom.
MIL: Why would he even joke about a thing like that?
DW: Because he's a guy.
MIL: Well it's not funny.
DW: I know mom.

So, to preserve the peace and tranquility of the Dirpus household, I will continue to formulate my April Fool's prank for this year. Most likely, the prank will be that there won't be a prank. I'll have to keep thinking of a way to have some fun with anybody out there actually reading this.

You won't know what and you won't know when, but it's sure to be juvenile.

Then again, maybe you will.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy D. said...

Of course.... now she's gonna call me and ask:

"What was he going to write?"

And I'll tell her.

And she'll say... wait... you already wrote that....

3/09/2006 7:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home