They'll give a blog to anybody.

Friday, March 10, 2006

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

The neighbors two chihuahuas got out of their back yard this morning. Since they were at work I tried to get them back into the yard and block the hole they used to escape. Needless to say, it got ugly and I ended up giving one of them a hand sandwich. I didn't know little dogs had such big teeth. I don't know what happened to the dog, but I decided my time would be better spent stopping the bleeding instead of chasing the dog.

I spent some time fighting with my HMO trying to get an urgent care appointment because the co-pay to use the emergency room has been raised to the point where it's not worth it unless I am dying. When that didn't work, I went off to some errands while waiting for the HMO to call me back (Mrs. Dirpus had called member services on them). I just happened to be driving by the medical office and decided to stop in for a visit. I thought there might be some law that if I'm in their office, they have to treat me. I don't know if there is or not, but they patched me up, gave me a shot, and prescribed some antibiotics. Now I just need to make sure the dog's shots are current.

I should be fine. I probably won't be playing the guitar for a couple of weeks. Some people may see that as a blessing. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy D. said...

Have I mentioned that I hate yappy dogs???

3/11/2006 2:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home