They'll give a blog to anybody.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Whip Me, Beat Me

Women are mean.

Sure, men can be mean, too. But, men can beat the shit out of each other then go out for a beer together.

Women seem to just work at thinking up ways to inflict emotional damage and not let anything go. I remember the first time I saw a girls soccer game in high school. I was on the varsity boys soccer team and had been playing for years. My best friend was trying to get a date with one of the players on the girl's team (I had a crush on her, too. She was hot). Anyway, we went to a game one Saturday to watch her play. I had never seen such a brutal soccer game in my life. The boys played hard and would be happy to take you out. But those girls played dirty. I was shocked.

My wife had an issue with her blog tonight. She used to be friends with this woman and had a falling out over some issue. I have heard the story from several independent sources and, basically, the woman went off the deep end. It's almost like this other woman has made it her life's mission to harrass my wife. The log from today's activity on her blog showed the ex-friend checking it almost continuously for hours. Then tonight, a post and all of the related comments from it were copied and pasted to a message board they all frequent. The intent was obviously to try to stir up trouble and try to validate this person's paranoia. It's amazing.

I would definitely prefer the bloodying of noses and then heading out for tequila shots with the guys. At least the male of the species can move on. It's probably related to the forgetting to take out the garbage gene.

3 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

Normy, you rock.

And yeah. As the little sister with two older brothers, I never had lots of female friends growing up. My brothers could beat the crap out of me because I broke their Lego model, and then defend me to a bully the next morning. I admired that.

Men are much easier to deal with, because they're a known quantity. And I don't mean that in a bad way. But women -- like in that soccer game you saw -- play dirty, just waiting for you to expose that soft underbelly and then they ATTACK.

It sucks.

11/15/2005 8:51 AM

 
Blogger Nancy D. said...

Yea. What Elaine said. You DO rock.

Rock my world, baby.... Rock my world!

(and E's too.... that's between y'all....)

11/15/2005 1:24 PM

 
Blogger Martha in CA said...

World rocking? Hmmm...can I watch?

I think I'm pretty in tune with my male side. I prefer it, actually. Women are bitches, and the games they play make me crazy! The one I like the best is the double-standard of strip club vs Chippendale's/Girls Night Out. Bitches get sideways with their men if they go to a strip club. The Bitches? They lose their ever-lovin' minds at a Chippendale thing and don't see how it's the same thing. Sheesh!

One of the highest compliments I have ever received was from my friend Joey. He said that what he love about me most was that I'm "one of the guys." High praise indeed!

11/15/2005 6:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home