They'll give a blog to anybody.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Blind Or Color Blind?

I start work pretty early in the day. I'm usually at my desk by 6 AM. Today, I had some budget planning information to finish up for our division bookkeeper.

I was busily working away and finished up around 8 AM. I then proceeded to go get my first cup of coffee of the day (I was too focused to make it myself when I got here). As I was walking over to the coffee pot, I was thinking that the floor seemed slippery. I looked down and noticed that I wasn't wearing the shoes I thought I was wearing. Different sole, different traction.

I thought I was wearing black wing tips. I am actually wearing brown wing tips. This is one of the hazards of combining dumping my clothes on the floor next to my side of the bed and getting dressed in the dark. Drink and drive, dress in the dark. I think they rank about the same on the stupidity level scale. It's a lovely picture. I have black slacks, black socks, and brown shoes. Can you say "dork"? I knew you could.

The only thing that may save me is the burgundy shirt and tie I am also wearing. The particular shade of the shoes, shirt, and tie almost look like they go together. I think I'll just go with the "I meant to do this. Aren't I stylish?" approach. If I'm sincere enough, people might just buy it.

Those shoes sure looked black. At least they're the same color. Small victories.

3 Comments:

Blogger Martha in CA said...

Sounds hot!

The shoes weren't the problem here, it was the pants and the lighting in the closet. So, I put "blue" or "black" so the Lord of The Manor could tell one from the other. That got to be not as easy as me writing on the wooden hanger "blue" or "black".

I'm sure you were a hip, hot, fashion statement and all of the chicks were talking about you!

3/21/2006 4:56 PM

 
Blogger Nancy D. said...

You have brown wingtips?

You need to change your vote. That makes 6 pairs of shoes.

3/21/2006 5:03 PM

 
Blogger Dirpus said...

Surprisingly, no Martha.

3/21/2006 9:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home