They'll give a blog to anybody.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Mixed Feelings

There is a lot going on today. I will be going through a lot of different feelings.

I just submitted my final timecard for my old job. I already miss the people, even though I'll be working with them through next Tuesday. This was only the second job I had since I graduated from college and I have had some of the same co-workers at both jobs, that's over twenty years. I've known them longer than I've been married to my wife. That part of changing jobs is hard.

My daughter is being installed as Honored Queen at her Job's Daughters' Bethel tonight. This is kind of a big deal. She has worked hard and learned about responsibility in the process. Not that she has completely succeeded at handling all that responsibility, but she now knows that some things in life are hard and that sometimes you have to do things you don't want, for a delayed reward. I'm proud of her. I'm also impressed by Mrs. Dirpus, who has had to pick up the slack where my daughter didn't get everything done in addition to all the event coordination she had to do for tonight's ceremony and reception. Having this the day after Christmas makes it extra tough.

Yesterday was Christmas. That was fun, but it's always a busy time. I did what I could to take some of the load off of Mrs. Dirpus, as she was still working on Job's ceremony stuff yesterday. We've managed to find some ways to take some of the work out of the holidays. We love Dream Dinners, Super Suppers, and the other pre-made meal places. Being able to take a good dinner out of the freezer and pop it in the oven is amazing. The people that came up with these franchises should be sainted. I had a musical Christmas. I got some sheet music and more gift cards to my local music store. I think I have enough for my next bass.

I forgot where I was going with this, so have a good week everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home