They'll give a blog to anybody.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

So That's What A Busy Site Looks Like

My wife put a link to yesterday's post on a message board she occasionally visits. I normally get 5 to 8 hits a day on my little blog. Maybe 13 or 14 on a busy day. I had 7 hits before she posted the link about 10:00 AM. By 8:30 last night, I had 347 hits on this blog. Yesterday's traffic was 20% of all the activity I've had, total, in the 7 months I've had this blog up.

If only we could use that power for good instead of evil. I know, if everyone that visited yesterday sends me $1,000 I can take a sabbatical from work. :)

Careful people, I'll think I'm writing good stuff. Mrs. Dirpus already tells me I'm the only one that thinks I'm funny. She doesn't need me getting any positive reinforcement on my sense of humor. However, I imagine things will be more back to normal today. If some of you nice SS people are back again, thanks for visiting. I appreciate the time you spent reading my little quips. I was pretty happy with yesterday's post (at least I thought it was cute). Usually I'm just spouting off about something.

I hope you aren't disappointed.

4 Comments:

Blogger agent713 said...

I'm actually subscribed to your blog. If I *really* like what I read, I'll pop by. If not I just read it from my inbox. So far so good!
~Heidi

5/17/2006 8:43 AM

 
Blogger Dirpus said...

No thousand dollars though? Bummer. This isn't looking good.

5/17/2006 8:49 AM

 
Blogger Martha in CA said...

Never disappointed!

My check is, er, um, it's in the mail. Yeah. That's it.

5/17/2006 12:59 PM

 
Blogger Nancy D. said...

I think you're funny.

You just think you're funnier....

5/17/2006 2:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home