They'll give a blog to anybody.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes

Disclaimer: I have not verified this with Mrs. Dirpus, so I may be full of #$*%.

I have picked up some additional part time work for a couple of weeks and am working twelve hour days for that period. Mrs. Dirpus is working almost full time at the tax office in addition to her church committee work and everything else she does. I saw her from about 8:00 to 9:30 last night, before we went to bed. I got home about 6:00 and finished fixing the kid's dinner and helped with homework and such. I managed to crash on the sofa and watch the end of the Fiesta Bowl where Florida whomped on Ohio State.

As a side note, I think a case can now be made that USC should be the college football national champion.

While I was sitting there, I realized that I had managed to work all day, do all the other stuff, and I didn't feel grumpy. I had been able to help with homework without yelling. I rationally explained to one of the children that there was not a difference between suggesting they do a chore now, and telling them to do it "RIGHT NOW!"

I think my job change has made me a less stressed person. I'm probably just as tired but I think I am managing to not take it out on everyone.

Any corrections Mrs. Dirpus?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home