They'll give a blog to anybody.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Something New to Read

I haven't posted anything new in a while, so here goes...

Work has settled down. As time passes, I feel more confident that I made the correct decision to change employers and stay on the same project. I had lunch with my old project manager last week and it sounds like the project I would be working with my old company is going to be a real challenge. Not that I'm opposed to a challenge, but that just wasn't one I wanted to take on.

I am getting to know my new co-workers and have more respect for their abilities than I did two months ago. That seems to be a flaw in my character. I tend to assume that people aren't as smart as me, until they prove otherwise. That totally contradicts my basic assumption that people are good. I guess they are good, but I'm just smarter. Nothing like a little narcissism to get you going in the morning. My relationship with them will never be the same as with my old co-workers. They were friends more than co-workers. I should email them (Mary, we have to do lunch before you go on leave).

I seem to be doing okay with the band. I got an email last night that said they wanted me to be a permanent member of the band, even if the person I’m subbing for comes back. That's good to know. It makes me feel more comfortable spending all my gifts cards and some cash for a new bass amplifier last weekend. I can't wait to try it out tonight.

That's it. Back to work with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home